When going through cancer treatment, we highly recommend taking a detox bath as a regular part of your detox protocol. The bath can help to:
- ease stress
- improve sleep and concentration
- assist with muscle and nerve function
- reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps improve oxygen use
- flush toxins
- improve nutrient absorption
Plus, the sulfates in Epsom Salt help flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances. Your skin is a highly porous membrane and adding the right minerals to your bathwater triggers a process called reverse osmosis, which actually pulls salt out of your body, and harmful toxins along with it.
Additionally, the baking soda helps with ridding the body of chemicals from food, drugs, radiation exposure, etc, and the essential oils listed below are specific for detoxing the body.
And if you want to hear a personal experience with taking detox baths, read Carson’s story below. He was nervous at first, but after trying them, they became one of his favorite parts of his nightly routine…and his mom saw the amazing health benefits!
Here’s how to make your own detox bath:
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Aluminum Free Baking Soda
- 4 drops of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- 4 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Bath Ball (to remove the chlorine in the water)
- Add ingredients to a very warm bath and let dissolve for 5 minutes. Soak for 30 minutes, and do these baths at least 4 days a week.
- Please Note: we only recommend using a pure essential oil. If interested in learning more, reach out to us. We’ll be happy to help.
Carson’s Favorite Sport or Activity:
Carson’s Favorite Healthy Food:
Celery with almond butter; bone broth
- Here’s our favorite Bone Broth recipe.
- If making your own nut butter, be sure to soak the nuts. Here are the directions. Also, if looking to find an economical place to purchase your organic snacks, including nut butters, we highly recommend Thrive Market. You can learn more about them here.
Carson’s Health Tip:
Carson loved taking his detox bath. It’s not only great for detoxing after a chemo session, but it relaxes him and helps allocate sore leg muscles.
Carson’s Story with KICKcancER:
(This is shared by Carson’s mom, Erin.)
During the first six months after diagnoses, Carson began to have regular seizure activity. I begin to research more on how I could heal his body and brain. KICKcancER was one of the first resources that I came across. It was literally a God send!
We got our starter pack, and I was so excited to start using it. My son was a little nervous to start something new after everything he had already been through, but after a few weeks, he couldn’t wait for a detox bath at night or my homemade bone broth.
After that initial kit, we as a family have made a lot of positive healthy changes to the way we live our life. Thank you for kick starting our journey to health!