One of the most awful parts of navigating any cancer diagnosis is the side effects from treatment. In fact, most people brace themselves for things like…
- all of the vomiting from chemotherapy
- losing all of their hair
- the major mood swings
- possibly having difficulty walking
- being hospitalized several times for secondary infections
Therefore, we want to give you 3 foundational ways you can naturally support the body and some practical tips you can use to help minimize the effects from chemotherapy and before any surgery:
1. Overhaul the diet.
Contrary to what you may have been told, diet DOES matter, and a calorie is NOT just a calorie.
To start, here are a couple of practical ways that will make a big impact:
- Completely remove all sugar and grains for the week leading up to chemotherapy and/or surgery, as well as, for at least one week after.
- Drink 12 oz. bone broth every day for the week leading up to chemotherapy and surgery. Here’s Season’s recipe.
Then, check this out for more foods that fight cancer and sign up for our 30-Day Thrive Program for more specific education about diet.
2. Focus on supporting the body’s ability to detox.
Here are 2 foundational detox therapies that are easy and can make a big difference:
- Take a detox bath every day for the week leading up to chemotherapy and/or surgery, as well as, for at least one week after. This also includes the day of the procedure, as long as, the surgery site was not exposed to the water. Here’s our detox bath recipe.
- Do castor oil packs every day for the week leading up to chemotherapy and/or surgery, as well as, for at least one week after. Here’s Season’s castor oil pack instructions.
3. Implement an essential oil and supplement protocol.
To learn more about the benefits of essential oils, check this out, and here are 2 practical ways you can implement them:
- Use Peppermint, Ginger and Digestive Blend Essential Oils topically and internally 30 minutes before chemotherapy is administered or prior to surgery. Then, use again topically and internally immediately after chemotherapy or waking up from surgery.
- After chemotherapy and/or surgery, drink 24 ounces of filtered water with Lemon and Frankincense Essential Oil in it.
For more practical ways to support the effects the body experiences from receiving doses of chemotherapy and before any surgery, check out these thoughts from Season.
Then, we want to introduce you to Axton…he finished treatment this past summer and still continues to implement several of the above suggestions!
Check out his story below.
Axton’s Favorite Sport or Activity:
Minecraft and Hiking
Axton’s Favorite Healthy Food:
Axton’s Health Tip:
Take Epsom Salt baths.
Axton’s Story with KICKcancER:
(This is from Axton’s mom, Alexa.)
“In October of 2020, Axton was diagnosed with a Wilm’s Tumor. He had the tumor and his right kidney removed. He endured radiation and chemotherapy, and finished treatment in June of 2021.
The box that KickCancer sent us was amazing. It had so many natural things to help him.
Having 1 kidney & going through treatments that saved him but were very toxic, his health is extremely important to us. We are still using essential oils, epsom salt baths, bone broth even after treatment to help repair his physical and mental health.
KickCancer is one of the few organizations we’ve found that truly care about helping our son during & after treatment.”