So, when your loved one struggles with eating, we understand this added challenge can make things even more difficult during a health crisis.
To help, here are some of our tips, as well as, our Feeding Tube Formula Recipe.
- Support the liver’s ability to detox. Detox Baths and Castor Oil Packs are a great place to start.
- To help stimulate an appetite, start using Peppermint Essential Oil and DigestZen Essential Oil. To use, add 1-2 drops of each onto the pillow, directly on the tummy, onto the bottoms of each foot and/or in the palms of the hands to cup over the mouth and directly inhale. Do this on a consistent basis.
- Some foods that can help to stimulate an appetite include: avocados, nut butters, lemons, sauerkraut, carrots, sweet potatoes and cruciferous vegetables.
- Eat smaller meals and more frequently throughout the day.
- Include lots of healthy fat, color and textures with each meal.
- Take a good probiotic. Here are some of our recommendations: Just Thrive, PB Assist Jr., and Champ Pro Plus.
Feeding Tube Formula Recipe
Recipe Yields: 3 servings
- 12 ounces meat stock
- 3 ounces cooked turkey, chicken, beef or fish
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup cooked winter squash and carrots
- 1 cups cooked zucchini, asparagus, celery, green beans, bok choy, arugua, kale
- 1⁄2 cup cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 ampoule Isotonic
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon kraut juice
- 1 cooked apple
- Purified water, as needed to dilute
- Rotate 1 tablespoon of following fats each day: duck fat, coconut oil, red palm oil, bacon grease, or lard
- Blend all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Calorie intake for 6 servings is approximately 1350 calories.
- Ideally, give 6 feeds of formula a day.
- Add 1 teaspoon grated raw liver to the formula each day.
- Take one capsule No-Fenol prior to each feed to support digestion.
- This formula should be used under medical supervision only.
We would also like to introduce you to Max.
We hope his story brings you hope and encouragement to remember that you’re not alone!
Max’s Favorite Sport or Activity:
Karate and baseball
Max’s Favorite Healthy Food:
He still won’t eat.
Max’s Health Tip:
He loves essential oils and uses them to calm himself before bed and when his tummy is upset.
Max’s Story with KICKcancER:
(This is from Max’s mom, Dianna.)
This (KICKstart Kit) care package was probably a favorite for the entire family! Between the oils and the Epsom salt, it’s been a huge help mentally and physically.
He’s on his 18th g-tube and still won’t eat by mouth. The oils help calm him with his anxiety and help him get comfortable for bed. He loves to wear his gear and feels like he’s a part of a team, especially after living in a hospital bed for 1.5 years! The supplements provided really opened our eyes as a family and while Max may not be eating yet, we do better for ourselves so we can do better for him!